Winter Stays at Facolli Fall
Hello and welcome to this second edition of the Lac Justone’s Outfitter Newsletter. When you received this message, you were probably expecting information about this summer’s fishing season.
However, this time we will be talking about snowmobile excursions to Facolli Fall during the months of March and April. This year, we have decided to offer winter stays of a few days at Facolli Fall site. Here are the details of this offer:
- The Facolli Fall site will be open in March and April 2022, according to demand and in compliance with health measures concerning the pandemic. The maximum capacity of the site is 8 people. A reservation is required.
- On site, you will have access to many interesting activities: ice fishing, small game hunting, snowshoeing, snowmobiling and wildlife observation. Last winter, we observed several small herds of caribou on Opiscotéo Lake in front of the camp.
- These stays are offered to groups of self-guided snowmobilers with their own snowmobiles, clothing, sleeping bags, safety device (Spot), gasoline, food, and satellite phone to communicate with Facolli Fall and with the Fermont Emergency service if required. We also strongly advise you to notify a relative of your itinerary before your departure and to confirm your arrival at Facolli Fall with that person.
- You will use the federated snowmobile trail between the town of Fermont and Germaine Lake. This trail is maintained by the Club des Lagopèdes of Fermont. Please plan for the payment of your trail access right. A marked snowmobile trail is maintained between Germaine Lake and the Facolli Fall site. The entire trail between Fermont and Facolli Fall covers a distance of 140 km and the total duration of the one-way trip is approximately 4 hours.
- At Facolli Fall, the main lodge and the three secondary bedroom lodges will be heated throughout your stay. A shared winter bathroom with a running-water toilet and hot water shower will be at your disposal. A camp attendant will be on site to ensure heating of the buildings and make sure that everything is in working order.
- Guests will bring their own food and cook for themselves in the fully equipped kitchen. If you wish, an additional package including meals could also be provided.
Please contact us if you would like more details on this winter stay offer, to find out the cost or to make a booking.
Regarding the upcoming fishing season this summer, bookings are going very well and it’s really time to contact us if you want to secure a spot for your group this year.
Thank you and looking forward to welcoming you soon!